Kallik is a rapidly growing labelling and artwork management solution provider with an impressive portfolio of customers across heavily regulated industries. In response to the increasing demand we have for our product, we are looking to expand our capabilities in customer delivery.
We provide a number of professional services to assist clients with system adoption. These are provided by the Automated Artwork and Data Services Department whose objective is to reproduce clients artworks within the Kallik Veraciti software as efficiently as possible to onboard the client.
The role requires a strong knowledge and demonstrable skills in artwork construction (including image work) both singly and as part of a range.
As Graphic Services Technician at Kallik, you will be able to provide functional support and expertise in template creation along with image creation and manipulation.
You will need to be able to understand client requirements for migration exercises and be skilled in graphics packages such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. The position will also be required to provide post live support to the client during the transition from current way of working to working with Veraciti.
The position requires you to be involved in the production of artwork elements (Logos, symbols, illustrations and dielines) in a PDF format and uploading to the artwork management system (Veraciti). Production of templates for the automatic generation of artwork within Veraciti, checking of artworks produced, printing of artworks where required and verification of barcodes. Types of artwork produced vary from single colour factory printed labels to commercially printed packaging. There is also a requirement to produce pre-formatted manuals and leaflets in Adobe Indesign.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel is desirable.
Revised 9th December 2020
The role will require developing a detailed knowledge of Veraciti and template building. Training and support will be provided for this.
To be successful in this role, you will need to become involved in all aspects of the migration process and be able to thrive working in a small team
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
● Create and verify automated artwork templates
● Ability to understand and communicate client requirements
● Review and suggest rationalisation of design elements across a range of artworks
● Work closely with the Senior Data Migration Specialist to deliver the expected outcomes inline with the statement of work and internal processes
● Develop a deep understanding of Veraciti software functionality and application
● Develop a deep understanding of automated artwork and migration processes
● Image production
● Ensure work is produced to a consistently high level
● Perform aesthetic checks of automated artwork samples vs supplied designs/ artworks
● Conduct peer reviews of other team member’s work
● Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the migration approach and methods
● Contribute to the continued improvements to standard implementation materials
● Communicate frequently with the department leadership team on status, highlight risks and issues where required
● Document and communicate enhancement requests and bugs on behalf of the client to Kallik product management
● Take active responsibility for your own professional and continuous development, to enhance your value, worth and productivity for yourself and the Company as a whole.
● Ensure that all hours worked are recorded appropriately within the Company’s time management system
● Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
NB. This job description is subject to change as the role develops.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter detailing what you could bring to the role at [email protected]