Junior Software Developer
As Junior Software Developer (3rd Line Support) at Kallik, you will manage the process of fixing application, system or any other incidents that disrupt the application service that our customer’s business users depend on. This role calls for both technical literacy and business needs acumen to deliver client support and issue investigation on internally developed Kallik solutions and systems.
The scope of the role is to provide third line support to internal support team and provide development capacity when additional tools and reports are required.
Working within the development team, you will be expected to:
- Work as part of the internal development team to develop industry-leading software applications/tools that are fit for purpose
- Work collaboratively with product owners, and other developers
- Develop structured clean reusable code.
You will need to be capable of logically investigating, documenting, managing the issue resolution process and appropriately communicating verbally and via email. This covers the full spectrum of acknowledgement, updates and resolution to all affected parties for all reported issues both internal to Kallik and the externally affected customers or partners.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Gaining a full understanding of the Kallik Veraciti™ (cloud and desktop) application and:
Providing 3rd line support:
- Responding to enquiries from 1st/2nd line support and help them resolve any software problems within a set period as detailed in their SLA.
- Performing detailed investigations of issues reported and record them in the ticketing system.
- Using the call logging ticket system (nService).
- Updating client configuration files (as directed by IT Manager and agreed with customer, in line with contractually binding documented policies and procedures for updating customer application configurations).
- Assisting with the creation of documentation, including User Guides, Knowledgebase articles, Release Notes and Process & Procedure guides.
- Creating and updating incidents in SpiraTeam
- Using SQL to query, modify and extract data from the Veraciti database whilst carrying out support duties.
Providing development support:
- Write clean and healthily structured, well documented code.
- Deliver code which is well-tested and consistently error free.
- Maintain consistent standards and approaches throughout the team following the lead of senior developers and the Head of Development.
- Follow consistent processes set by the team while looking to offer constructive suggestions around new tools and ideas to enhance processes.
- Be aware of the technical strategy and implementation of our own internal development stream activities and make sure they apply to the same standards that we would expect for client work.
- Make sure you understand why certain tools and processes are important for the team to follow.
- Handle client support issues as quickly and efficiently as possible with an appropriate resolution.
- Escalate critical support instances to senior developers and the client delivery team.
- Participate in a culture of promoting new ideas or up-sell opportunities within the team for our clients.
- Contribute regularly to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the company, including suggesting technical solutions to problems.
Engaging and communicating information to other Kallik stakeholders:
- Allocating tickets to other support technicians and relevant Kallik business and technical stakeholders (as appropriate).
- Escalating more complex calls to the relevant team member as detailed in the support process.
- Notifying relevant Kallik management personnel e.g. IT Manager to arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
- Reporting regularly to the Kallik IT Manager and other Kallik senior management relating to issues and successes.
- Ensuring knowledge base is updated to help all team members resolve documented issues and solutions quickly as part of an on-going lessons learned process.
This job description is subject to change as the role developsPerson Specification
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter detailing what you could bring to the role at [email protected]